The characteristics of karmic relationships are different than those of Twin Flame relationships. Many of our callers believe they are with their twin flame, but they’re in a karmic relationship. We have these relationships to work though our relationship karma. It’s easy to confuse a karmic relationship with a soul mate relationship because of their similarities. True twin flame relationships are completely opposite. Many times it’s not a soul mate or twin flame connection. So, what is it? We have listed some of the characteristics of karmic relationships to reduce some of the confusion.
Characteristics of a Karmic Relationship
2. Jealousy is often a component of karmic relationships, on one or both members. This jealousy usually resorts to controlling behavior. We can all get jealous sometimes, but it’s much more invasive and detrimental in karmic relationships. You will be questioned about your whereabouts, who you were texting and it goes on and on. There is no trust. The insecurity of one partner never lets the relationship build a foundation of trust, regardless of how hard trust has been earned.
3. A karmic relationship has an instant, intense attraction on both ends. Both parties feel it from the moment they meet.
4. In a karmic relationship one partner gives up their interests, hobbies, etc while the other doesn’t. The partner giving up everything is forced to join in or support (or just be there, watching) the selfish partner’s hobbies, goals, and interests. The relationship becomes unbalanced, with the focus only on one partner’s happiness.
5. Addictions can be common in karmic relationships. It could be to sex, drugs, gambling, or drinking. You may even be addicted to each other.
6. Cheating is another characteristic of karmic relationships. They may cheat on you, they may cheat with you. They may be with someone else while in your break-up and make-up cycles.
7. People in karmic relationships never resolve their issues. They have the same arguments over and over again without ever reaching a place of understanding. This creates a drama-filled relationship.
8. If either of you has a “bad boy” or “bad girl” persona you may be in a karmic relationship. We are referring to bad boys and bad girls who treat you badly. You may wonder why you’re always attracted to bad boys or bad girls? There is a lesson to be learned, and until you do, you will always be attracted to them.
9. Many karmic relationships are solely based on sex, or friends with benefits. If you are being used only for sex, you may be in a karmic relationship. To be clear, you are being used for sex if they only contact you when they want to have sex. In other words, they never take you on a date.
If your relationship has a few or more of these characteristics, you are in a karmic relationship. We would like to hear of any of your experiences. Please leave them in our comments section.
We also invite you to read out article: Identifying the False Twin Flame.