There are many twin flame misconceptions and myths floating around out there in the ether. As a matter of fact you can find a lot of it doing Google searches. For someone who does not truly understand the nature of the twin flame destiny it is easy to see how they can fail these misconceptions. We have taken the time to list what we believe to be the top 10 twin flame misconceptions and myths so folks have a greater understanding of this concept.
1. A twin flame connection is better than a soul mate connection. Not really. It is a different connection but they have similarities. Both twin flame and soul mate connections are karmic connections destined to teach us something about ourselves to enhance our lives. They are both intense soul level connections to another soul on the planet. We can have hundreds, if not thousands, of soul mate connections. There is only one twin flame connection. Furthermore, a twin flame connection is not, contrary to popular belief, a soul mate connection on steroids.
2. We all have a twin flame that we will find in this lifetime. While we are seeing a lot more twin flame reunions on the planet now due to the shift into higher consciousness, not everyone will find their twin flame. For most of us, our twin flame does not incarnate the same time we do. They stay on the other side very often serving us as a spiritual guide. We often provide the same service for them. It is important to remember that a twin flame connection is a highly spiritual connection. If you are both allowed to meet during this lifetime, it implies you are both spiritually advanced and ready to take on the spiritual significance of a twin flame relationship.
3. I can draw my twin flame to me through meditation or healing ceremonies and rituals. Good luck with that. As we mentioned a twin flame connection is highly spiritual and as we discussed in Twin Flames and Destiny posting, the meeting of twin flames is orchestrated by the Universe. If the twin flame meeting is going to happen for it will do so through divine timing and intervention. The only advice we can provide to facilitate your twin flame entering your life is to focus on yourself, your spiritual journey and soul evolution. One thing is for certain, you twin flame will not materialize if you are depressed and feel you can’t function without a twin flame in your life.
4. Twin flame connections are the most passionate and have the best sex. You may have great sex with your current romantic partner, but we have news for you, it does not make them your twin flame. Who said a twin flame connection was all about sex anyway? Your journey with your twin flame is a sacred journey that involves the completion of your soul gift to the world. It is more about your respective spiritual growth than it is about boinking each other’s brains out. If you are more concerned with the sexual components of your relationship it is more likely it is a soul mate connection. All of this being said, twin flame sex is a sacred sex of the divine union, and will be the best you have every experienced. However it is a misconception to think it is a sign you are twin flames.
5. Twin flames always find each other. It would be a great fairy tale ‘happily ever after’ ending if this were true. As we have mentioned there are more twin flames incarnating together than ever before but not everyone, no matter how spiritually advanced, is truly ready for the twin flame reunion. Again this is largely dictated by fate and the powers of the Universe allowing the twin flame to enter your life. You may think you are ready for your twin flame to enter your life, but that right there is probably the reason why it has not happened. Twin flames meet when they are not even thinking about it or focused on finding each other.
6. You can’t be complete without your twin flame. You know it was a very overly romanticized moment when Tom Cruise said to Renee Zellweger, “You complete me”, but it is not the nature of the twin flame connection. Many people feel incomplete without having a deeply connected romantic relationship. If you ever expect your twin flame to enter your life you need to find a way to be complete on your own. In order for the divine union of twin flames to work each person has to be whole. The best way to do this is through spiritual and personal growth. Your twin flame is not designed to complete you but to compliment your life. In other words, you don’t need them.
7. Once you have met your twin it is impossible to function without them. Well too bad for you because guess what? You need to find a way to function without your twin flame. As we discussed in Twin Flame Signs, it is highly probable you won’t be around each other all the time anyway. A twin flame relationship comes with an internal ‘knowing’ that even though apart the connection is very much alive. A true twin flame connection does not come with obsessing about them when they are not physically present in your life. If you find yourself obsessing about your romantic partner, there is a good indication it is not a twin flame connection, although it could very well be a soul mate. You have to remember a twin flame connection is a deeply spiritual connection, therefore there should not be a need to be around them all the time.
8. Twin flame runners run from the relationship. While some twin flames may not be quite ready for the intense connection of this type of relationship many twins are able to embrace it. When we encounter a twin flame runner you need to understand they are not running from you. They are running from themselves. A twin flame connection is a reflective one and we see parts of ourselves in our twin we must work on. No one likes to look at themselves in the mirror and the twin flame connection highlights any shortcomings we must address. Not everyone is ready to do that as it brings up feelings of rejection and unworthiness. As humans these are two of our biggest fears. The spiritual purpose is to facilitate healing of these parts of ourselves through the twin flame connection.
9. A twin flame is one soul in two bodies. This actually comes down to personal spiritual belief, but we maintain that we are all individual souls. According to Greek mythology, specifically Plato’s “The Symposium” humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves. But this is a philosophical text written to teach about the nature of love and not actual reality. So what does this mean exactly? We are all individual souls, but each of us have a certain polarity, either yin or yang. For example, if your soul imprint is yin energy, your twin flame would be yang energy. You are individual souls seeking the connection of the opposing energy. In reality, this type of union does produce the best relationships.
10. Twin flames, once in a relationship, stay together forever. Well in one sense you will stay together for eternity, from a spiritual perspective. But there is no guarantee you will stay together in physical relationship for the remainder of your lives. Some will, some won’t. It really depends what your soul blueprints look like for the rest of your lives. Your job, as part of this divine union, is to bring something of value to the world through creative collaboration. Perhaps when that undertaking is complete, you could each move on with your lives, or do more projects together that benefit others.
Copyright 2015 All rights reserved. Written permission is required from the author to post on your site or be used in any way, shape, or form. If you quote an article please credit and supply a link to our original posting. While many people seem to be under the impression that we should be flattered that you use our work, we are not, plagiarism is plagiarism, and we do not find stealing our work and our ideas flattering at all and you will be prosecuted under the law.